At ABP we deliver innovative engineering solutions to meet the needs of global specialist markets. Our highly specialised team provides a wide range of quality products and services in the design, manufacture and support of complex systems and products. Our combined in-house expertise in Explosive Ordnance Disposal, Defence Equipment and Automated Systems supports our products in continuous use around the world.
From supporting maritime operations to bomb disposal equipment to specialist equipment, we take pride in the way our work touches lives, every day. A range of ABP's typical services involved in a design and prototyping project are:
- Concept generation and evaluation
- Value engineering Design – mechanical, electrical and software
- FMEA Preparation of drawings to customers’ requirements
- Prototyping and design validation
- Functional testing
- Approvals testing
- Full drawing pack preparation
To date, we’ve taken a diverse range of projects from concept right through to completion. As the best evidence of our ability to deliver exceptional product solutions, we’ve listed a few of our most successful projects below:
- CONSOLES AND WORKSTATIONS FOR MILITARY APPLICATIONS: We design custom enclosures, workstations and cabinets for housing electronic equipment to meet naval requirements. Our past extensive past experience enabled us to fulfil the requirements of the QEC Aircraft Carrier Programme for the supply of Workstations and Local Operator Consoles used throughout the ship.
- PRECISION LENS AND MIRROR MOUNTS FOR SCIENTIFIC APPLICATIONS: We have designed and manufactured a range of remotely adjustable Lens and Mirror mounts for up to 600 mm lenses for vacuum use as part of the Orion Project at AWE.
- GATE LINE ATTENDANCE POINT: Designed for use on the London Underground, our unique Gate Line Attendance Points were developed for constant use in high demand environments. The points have subsequently been successfully installed on the Jubilee Line Extension with smaller compact versions being deployed throughout the network.
- DRUM SEGREGATOR: This was manufactured and supplied to the Royal Mail and Siemens to sort machinable mail from mail over 6mm thick. Operating at input rates of over 40,000 items per hour and engineered to eliminate jams, this highly reliable machine has been installed at a range of sites around the country and overseas.
- BANK NOTE BANDER: Designed for De La Rue for the 6000 Series High Speed Sorter, the Bander was developed to band up to 150 bank notes at a time. The unique system uses thermal transfer technology to print tracking data on the band.
- AIRCRAFT DE-HUMIDIFIER: Designed for the Ministry of Defence, we developed this de-humidifier to ensure that aircraft on the ground remain dry and operational at all times. As a specialised solution, custom-designed and built to exacting requirements, our dehumidifier technology is available in electric and diesel versions.